The Departmental Council of Eure and Loir wanted to set up a collaborative platform and DMS of the “Digital Workplace” type. The objectives of the project are to replace the "selected" Intranet and optimize case and convocation management, as well as enhance knowledge of the contents concerning the Cantons, including mail. It was also necessary to organize collaborative work in the editing, exploitation and dissemination of content on an evolving platform adapted to current and future uses. Broadly speaking, it is about increasing productivity and securing processes and related data.
The overall project is divided into two phases :
- Establishment of an information portal for elected officials with an organizational base for the dissemination and sharing of documents.
- Spread of the solution to other applications for the needs of the community, GoFAST being sized to the number of civil servants of the Departmental Council.
The department of Eure et Loir was looking for a secure solution and OnPremise (hosted in the Datacenter of the Departmental Council), accessible outside the IS of the Departmental Council to :
- Manage the documents and their metadata (related data)
- Facilitate (co) production and documentary exploitation
- Organize collaborative spaces and have personal spaces
- Optimize processes (workflow) and collaborative work
- Have a simple and fine management of authorizations
- Have ESN tools (Chat, directory, Webconference, etc.)
- Have an ergonomic and quick solution to use
The Demonstration of the GoFAST platform, organized in the presence of elected officials, was successful and considered to be the best collaborative and content management solution presented to elected officials.
The CIO of the Departmental Council, accompanied by CEO-Vision, carried out a number of tests to assess the potential of the GoFAST solution: user scenarios for elected officials and the administration, functional tests, possibilities and constraints in relation to the creation of collaborative spaces and organizational structure, rights management, etc.
Careful listening to the needs, as well as a strong involvement of the CEO-Vision teams also favored the good start of the project. Today, CEO-Vision supports the Departmental Council teams in the deployment of concentric circles.
The French department of Eure-et-Loir belongs to the Center-Val de Loire region, which has six.
The Departmental Council is represented by 15 cantons and a Departmental Assembly comprising 30 elected officials.
The Departmental Council's budget is estimated at 496 million euros in 2017 with a number of civil servants amounting to around 2,000 people.